Marmorino Medium comes in paste form in 24, 16 and 8kg buckets.
The Eco-friendly version comes in powder form in 16 buckets.
24kg of Mamorino Medium (1 bucket) = 16 square metres
Very aged, finely filtered slaked lime putty, special powdered marble granules sifted and selected according to granule size of 000 = mm. 0.0 ÷ 0.5, water and special additives (no more than 2,2% total in wet volume).
Watch the application video: https://youtu.be/XIHA4vIsyVM
Marmorino Medium should be applied to plaster (rough or smooth, new or not insulated). Already painted surfaces require a thorough brushing down to remove dust and unevenness. Where necessary, use a brush or roller to apply a coat of Quartz Primer diluted with water up to about 40% in volume to be used, ca. gr/m2 150÷200, or Normal Primer diluted 1 to 7/8 with water.
Apply at least 3 coats of Marmorino with a steel trowel.
- water on the surface of the material in the bucket is normal, and should be removed before use or adding colorants;
- all lime-based products lose their viscosity when shaken, and need a period of 6/12 hours after mixing to regain their density. The product is very dense, and ready for use, thus it may be necessary to use an appropriate drill attachment to stir for a fewminutes to reduce viscosity. Choose the colour. Add all of the COLOUR ADDITIVE to the container and continue mixing until a homogeneous shade is obtained. Let the product rest for 5 hours before using.
- First coat of VENETIAN MARMORINO MEDIUM: use ca. 900 ÷ 1100 gr/m2. This coat is applied directly to the plaster, being careful to apply it evenly so as to smooth out any imperfections in the substrate.
- Second coat of VENETIAN MARMORINO MEDIUM: apply when the FIRST coat is dry. Use ca. 500 ÷ 700 gr/m2, be careful that the surface is as smooth and groove-free as possible, but DO NOT POLISH as this will cause problems for final finish coat to adhere.
- Third coat of VENETIAN MARMORINO MEDIUM: Use ca. 100 ÷ 200 gr/m2. Apply before the second coat is completely dry, that is WET ON WET, so that the granules of marble penetrate into the previously applied coat. With this coat, proceed with the final smoothing and polishing. For greater polish, go over the surface repeatedly with the trowel.
Note: For exteriors, do not apply this product on windy or rainy days in order to obtain a continuous coat without linear interruptions on the wall.
PROTECTING SURFACES AGAINST DIRT
After a minimum of 48 hours, at least one coat of the following can be applied:
- Marseille Soap protective coating with a steel trowel. Use ca. 30 ÷ 50 gr/m2. After 48 hours, go over the surface with a cloth to remove the coat of surface powder produced by unabsorbed soap. OR
- A coat of natural Beeswax applied with a sponge. Use ca. 30 ÷ 50 gr/m2. After a little time, before it dries, rub vigorously with woolen or soft cloth to obtain an even polish.
After at least 72 hours at a minimum of 30°C, proceed with colorless, penetrating HYDROCALCE, developed to protect exterior plaster. Use a brush to apply two coats of ca.150-200 gr/m2